Wednesday, August 29, 2012
SI Fest will have its 21st edition on September 14-16, with many excellent exhibitions, workshops, lectures and portfolio reviews. Like last year, the reviews will be for both portfolios and book dummies. I will be among the reviewers in both sessions, so please come and say hi if you're around.
Among the many interesting artists on show this year, just to mention a few:
- Mark Steinmetz, Raymond Wouda and Guido Guidi will present their new work for the festival's Sin_Tesis project in a group show which will present the whole series of the commissioned projects from these past four years, featuring also Marco Zanta, Andrew Phelps, Simon Roberts and Martin Parr;
- Mark Power's The Sound of Two Songs, a five-year work about contemporary Poland;
- Alessandro Imbriaco will present Angela's Garden, winner of the 2012 European Publishers of the Year Award;
- Life after Zero Hour, a collaboration between Massimo Mastrorillo and Donald Weber, a personal investigation about Japan after the 2011 tsunami.
- Hans Christian Schink's 1h, with his series of solarized sun paths across the world.
And that was just a starter, come to Savignano and see the rest for yourself!
Posted by Fabio Severo at 4:36 PM